HMI YOUTH BULLETIN
Due September 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Your application will be evaluated based on your:
- Academic record
- Contribution and/or potential contribution to the community
- Completed application form
- Short personal essay(s)
- High School transcript/High School Equivalency (formerly GED) certificate or College transcript
- One Page Resume
- Two letters of recommendation
The Art Works Internship is starting on September 8th! Please send in your applications by Wednesday, September 1st – internship facilitator, Leesa Tabrizi will be holding interviews for applicants via Zoom on Thursday, September 2nd and Friday, September 3rd. Feel free to contact Leesa at LTabrizi@hmi.org
Learn how to expand your business and make it stand out in HMI’s new internship, “FIND YOUR NICHE.” Email Angela Jones at Ajones@hmi.org
LEARN HOW TO LARP JULY 9th – AUGUST 27th! Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT PREGNANCY every Thursday 4-5pm. Join at https://bit.ly/3e5R6hh
JOIN OUR MONTHLY VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING AND ENTER OUR RAFFLE! September 23rd, 4-5pm on ZOOM https://zoom.us/j/2448610557
Participate in The Youth and Young Adult COVID-19 Impacts Study! The new study is for LGBTQ+ individuals ages 14-24. If you agree to participate, you’ll be asked to complete an online survey two times: once on the day you enroll, and once exactly six months after that. The survey will take about 45 minutes. https://redcap.link/yyasurvey
Kiki with Kuntry every thursday 7-830pm!
Kiki lounge will not only teach the history of ballroom but it will also teach everyone the elements of Vogue the confidence of runway the creativity of face and the strength of being real. It will also help some break out their shells and build their personalities to another level. There will be Instagram live videos and also after each live there will be clips posted to the Instagram page.
NYC has 600 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV) for youth (under 25yo) in DYCD shelters and drop-in centers. The EHV vouchers are tenant-based Section 8 vouchers, so that means they will cover higher rent than CityFHEPS vouchers, and once you have this voucher for one year, you can move anywhere with it – even out of the state.
- If you are already living in a DYCD Crisis Shelter or TIL program or have a case manager at a DYCD Drop-in Center, you should ask ASAP about setting up a time for them to complete the referral process with you.
- If you are currently homeless and are under the age of 25yo OR if you are NOT already living in a DYCD Crisis Shelter or TIL program or connected with a drop-in center please contact May-Ling Ben, HMI’s case manager at Mben@hmi.org or another case manager in a youth program you are a member of.