Becoming an HMI youth member is easy, and gives you a safe place to join other LGBTQ youth in programs that will lift you up, help you learn, and let you express yourself.
HMI members are able to access programs and services, including:
- Counseling, Support Groups, Creative Arts Therapy and psychiatric services when needed (provided via telehealth platforms)
- Case Management – help with food security, housing, health insurance, getting an ID, and linkage to health services(virtual and in-person by appointment)
- HIV Testing, STI Screening and linkage to PEP/PrEP
- All Virtual Paid Internships, Job Fairs, and Job Readiness Training
- All Virtual High School Equivalency Prep Classes
- All Virtual After School Enrichment Programs: Book Club, Open Art Studio, Basketball/Fitness, Dance, College Fairs
- All Virtual Health Education groups and internships
- Community Activities every month – performances, culture, games, and virtual fun!
- Pantry Services (in-person, COVID-safe distribution of Food Bags, Toiletries, Clothing, etc. at HMI on Wednesdays, from 3 – 6 pm)
Anyone ages 13-24 can become an HMI member.
You don’t have to be in school or have a permanent address. If you are in education, it doesn’t matter which school you attend. Programs and services are free and we are open 6 days a week, all year-round.
You are welcome here.
Our programs and services are designed with LGBTQ youth in mind. LGBTQ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender/non-binary, and queer or questioning.. HMI is a safe space for all youth ages 13-24, regardless of sexual orientation or identity. No matter how you identify, you are welcome here. Come join us!
Want to become a new member?
Send an email to email@example.com with your name and phone number (if you have one). We’re currently meeting online only, so you’ll need access to a phone, tablet, or computer with a camera. For any questions, call Theo at 212-674-2600 x293.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need access to video chat in order to sign up.
Need to talk to a counselor right away?
Counselors are available M-F from 10am-8pm. Email Lizzie at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.