Becoming an HMI youth member is easy, and gives you a safe place to join other LGBTQIA+ youth in programs that will lift you up, help you learn, and let you express yourself.
HMI members are able to access programs and services, including:
- Counseling, Support Groups, Creative Arts Therapy and psychiatric services when needed (provided via telehealth platforms)
- Case Management – help with food security, housing, health insurance, getting an ID, and linkage to health services(virtual and in-person by appointment)
- HIV Testing, STI Screening and linkage to PEP/PrEP
- All Virtual Paid Internships, Job Fairs, and Job Readiness Training
- All Virtual High School Equivalency Prep Classes
- All Virtual After School Enrichment Programs: Book Club, Open Art Studio, Basketball/Fitness, Dance, College Fairs
- All Virtual Health Education groups and internships
- Community Activities every month – performances, culture, games, and virtual fun!
- Pantry Services (in-person, COVID-safe distribution of Food Bags, Toiletries, Clothing, etc. at HMI on Wednesdays, from 3 – 6 pm)
Anyone ages 13-24 can become an HMI member.
You don’t have to be in school or have a permanent address. If you are in education, it doesn’t matter which school you attend. Programs and services are free and we are open 6 days a week, all year-round.
You are welcome here.
Our programs and services are designed with LGBTQIA+ youth in mind. LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender/non-binary, queer or questioning, intersex and asexual. HMI is a safe space for all youth ages 13-24, regardless of sexual orientation or identity. No matter how you identify, you are welcome here. Come join us!
Want to become a new member?
Send an email or a text to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number (if you have one) and we will contact you. We are currently meeting online only, so you’ll need access to a phone, tablet, or computer with a camera. For any questions, call Theo at 212-674-2600 x293.
Need to talk to a counselor right away?
Counselors are available M-F from 10am-8pm. Email Lizzie at email@example.com to set up an appointment.